Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Essential Oils for Plantar Fasciitis --Relief Cream--

From  The Mayo ClinicPlantar Fasciitis (PF) is an inflammation of the fibrous tissue (plantar fascia) along the bottom of your foot that connects your heel bone to your toes.

Illustration showing plantar fascia and location of heel pain   



Most people who suffer from PF get sharp pains in their heals upon standing for the first time (getting out of bed) and/or when standing for long periods of time. This too happens to me; however, my PF worsens when walking or running. The PF tissue 'charlie horses' or 'balls' up into the bridge of my foot. It gets as hard as a rock, and is so painful I cannot walk (literally) for 3-4 days every time it happens. I get a golf ball sized ball in the bridge (near my heal) of my foot that takes days to go away. 

I drink a lot of water, I stretch before and after, I stay off my feet with them elevated for at least an hour after working out, and even give myself a foot massage to help work out the 'hardness', but the PF still hurts like HECK!!!  I've even had surgery to help lessen the pain! 

Last week I went for a quick walk and found myself in a full blown PF episode. I made it home but couldn't rest because I had an appointment that I could not miss. This is when I turned to my doTerra Oils. I had made a mixture of lotion and Deep Blue for my oldest boy (he dislocated his elbow (it worked wonders on his injury)), and thought, "What the Heck! Why not!"

No joke, I had immediate relief. Immediate! I cannot express how shocked and happy I was. I rubbed the Deep Blue Lotion on both feet, mostly onto the PF tissue area, put my socks back on, and braced myself for standing again. I could! No pain! Just crazy! I took some tentative steps, waiting for the 'effects' to wear off and be back in crippling pain; however, it didn't. Even after several hours, I find myself cringing and bracing for impact, every time I went to stand, and NOTHING

This little lotion has given me back my freedom! I can walk. I can run. Both things I love to do; my joy is back!

Deep Blue Lotion



1 Mini Glad Container









1 bottle of Cetaphil Lotion













 Deep Blue








Fill up 2/3 of the mini with Cetaphil Lotion then add 20 drops of Deep Blue. Mix well. Keep lid on when not using. Use when needed. Refill when necessary. 
For added awesomeness, put in the fridge and use cold. Ah-Maz-Ing!!



Click HERE for More Information


MEDICAL DISCLAIMER: I am not a doctor or medical professional. The information shared in my post does not constitute medical advice. Furthermore, individuals are recommended to seek professional medical assistance in the event they are suffering medical conditions. Most importantly, consider becoming your own health and wellness advocate.

No comments:

Post a Comment