Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Spice Up Your Evening

Despite the fact that the heavens opened up and blanketed my city with 10+ inches of snow, I spiced up our evening with a fresh zing, adding mango salsa to our dinner menu. I served our Mango Salsa with Wild Caught Salmon, a Green Salad, and Fresh Olive Bread (provided by my awesome Israeli Neighbors). I share our colorful dish with you and hope it brightens up your day!

 

Mango Salsa   


4 Mangoes (Diced)
1/2 Red Onion (Sliced)
2 Large Jalapenos (Minced)
1 Apple (Peeled and Finely Diced)
1 English Cucumber (Semi-peeled and Diced)
1 Bunch of Cilantro (Fine Chop)
1 Lemon (Squeezed)
1 Lime (squeezed)
1 Tb Cumin
Salt
Pepper

Rough Dice the Mango
I don't have all my pieces uniform;
 I like to have both small and large chucks of mango in mine.

Remove Seeds and Mince Jalapenos

Peel Most of Cucumber Skin
Remove Seeds

Dice Cucumber

Slice Red Onion
I like to slice long pieces because my hubby and
children can easily pick the onion out if they want.

Roughly Chop Cilantro

Add to Mango

Squeeze Lemon and Lime in a bowl
Pick Out Seeds
 

Peel and Dice Apple

Add Lemon/Lime to Bowl
Add Apple to bowl
Add Cumin
Salt and Pepper to Taste


Mix Together
Chill for an Hour 
Enjoy!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment