Saturday, August 31, 2013

Mel's Green Chile

Last year I hosted a learn-how-to-cook Green Chile party at my house. A few of my girlfriends make phenomenally delish Green Chile and were gracious enough to share their coveted recipes and cooking skills with the few of us who never made Green Chile. Now if you have learned anything about me through this blog, it is that I make things on the fly! Lol! I look at what I have, match it to a recipe that I either have or know, then recreate it with what I have on hand. Almost a full year after our Green Chile Feista, I finally tackle making my very own batch.

Mel's Green Chile 

2 lbs. of Pork
1/4 of Sweet Onion
1/4 cup of Garlic Granules
6-8 Roast Green Chiles
1 package of frozen Green Chiles
2 large Tomatoes
3-4 cups of Chicken Broth
3-4 Tbs. Olive Oil
4-6 Tablespoons of Flour
Salt
Pepper


Dice Pork
 
 
Finely Dice Onion
 
 
Add 3-4 Tbs. Olive Oil to pan
Turn to Medium Heat
 
 
I use the cap to measure my Garlic
 
Add both Onion and Garlic to
pan and sauté till tender
 
 
 Add diced Pork to pan
 
 
Add Flour one tablespoon at a time
Should lightly coat the meat
Cook till flour is noticeably browned
 
 
 
Prepare your other ingredients
 
Clean skins off fresh Hatch Chiles
 
Roughly chop Hatch Chiles
 
Click here to learn how to roast and clean your own Chiles!
 
 
Dice Tomatoes
 
 
 
Set frozen Chiles in a colander
to strain excess water 
 
 
 This isn't a great pic but your flour should
coat the pork and look sticky and brown
 
 
Add 2 cups of Broth to deglaze the
pan and stir till thickened
 
Add Fresh and Frozen Chiles
 
 
Add diced Tomatoes
 
Add 1-2 more cups of Chicken Broth
Stir all ingredients together
Bring to a gently boil over Medium heat
then turn burner to lowest setting and
simmer for 1-6 hours
 
 
Top with a dollop of Sour Cream and Avocado
Serve with Tortilla Chips
and Fresh Tortillas
 
Enjoy!!!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment