Monday, June 2, 2014

Mexican Stroganoff

Here's What You Need:
1lb of Chicken Sausage (I bought Spicy Parmesan)
1 can of Pinto Beans (drained and rinsed)
1/2 onion (diced)
3-6 Baby Carrots (sliced very thin)
1 stalk of Celery (thinly sliced then diced)
1 Anaheim Chili Pepper (thinly sliced and diced)
2-5 Garlic Cloves (pressed)
1-1/2 cups of Sour Cream


Salt
Pepper
Cumin
Chili Powder
Paprika
Red Pepper Flakes


Side Dish:
2-4 bunches of Broccoli (cleaned and cut from the stalk)
Shredded Cheddar Cheese


Noodle Options:
1 lb of noodles (cooked al dente and drained) (I did wheat spaghetti)
____or______

2-4 serving of rice (I use jasmine) for Gluten-Free option




Add 2 tbs. of olive oil to pan
Add onion, carrots, celery, peppers, garlic
Add all spices --to your liking
Saute until veggies are tender

Note: I cut my veggies into almost microscopic sizes because I have all boys! Lol! 

Seriously though, they will not eat any dish, no matter how much they have liked it in the past, 
if they find chunky onions in it!  

Start water for Noodles and/or Rice

Prepare to steam your Broccoli
Steam till fork tender

Save The Water!!


This is the Chicken Sausage I used.
 I got it from my local Sprouts.


Add to veggie mixture and cook till browned.

These are the Pinto Beans I used.
The King Sooper brand is pretty darn yummy!


Add Pinto Beans to Meat mixture.

Add  2-3 ladles full of Broccoli Water

Didn't cook the Broccoli? Use regular hot water.

Add 1 1/2 cups of Sour Cream to pan.

Mix well --should be super creamy!

Serve over the top of Noodles
Top steamed Broccoli with Shredded Cheddar Cheese


____Or____
serve over the top of Jasmine Rice for a Gluten-Free Delight!


Enjoy!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment