Sunday, February 24, 2013

A Meal Fit for [Four] Kings

How I have missed writing! I've been super sick this past week, and am finally starting to get my bearings and thoughts cleaned up and pulled out of my mucus filled brain. Thank you for checking in on me and my blog while I was away!

Today has brought with it a winter snow storm of pretty epic proportions! It's been dumping snow all day and it is still coming down at a steady pace. Being a momma with all boys, snowed in, and having a pantry full of food, I was thoroughly inspired to cook! You know what they say: A way to a man's heart is through his stomach! I'm quite confident that I own each one of their hearts! lol!

I wanted to share my newly invented chili recipe that got two thumbs up from all my guys!

Snow Day Chili
(My boys named it!!)
 
Veggies 
1/2 medium Sweet Onion (Diced)
1/2 large Jalapeno (Diced)
1/2 red Bell Pepper (Shredded)
   5 Baby Carrots (Finely Shredded)
1/2 yellow Bell Pepper (Shredded)
   5 Green Chilies (Diced)
 
Protein
3-4 cups Chicken (Chopped)
   2 cans Black Beans
 
Dairy
1/2 tub of Sour Cream
   1 can Evaporated milk
   1 cup Cheddar Cheese
 
Seasoning
2 Tb Garlic
1 Tb Thyme
1 Tb Oregano
1 Tsp Paprika
1 Pack of White Chili Seasoning
Salt
Pepper
 
Other
3-4 cups Chicken Broth
2-3 Tbs Olive Oil
   2 Tbs Butter
 
 
 
Chop, Shred, and Dice all veggies.
Saute in large sauce pan over medium heat with Olive Oil
 
 
 
Add Spices and White Chili Packet
Add some Salt and Pepper
 
 
 





                                                When veggies are tender add Butter
and cook till veggies are almost creamy
 
 

Add Chicken!
Use Both Dark and White meat to create layers of flavors!
 
 
 
Add Black Beans

 
 

 
Add Sour Cream
Add Evap. Milk
Add Broth
 
 
Cook on Low for 2-3 hours.
Make sure you check on it and give it a stir every so often.
When almost done: add cheese.
Add more broth, if too thick. Should be creamy!


Top with a dollop of Sour Cream and Cheese
Serve with Parmesan Crusted Garlic Bread
or
Corn Bread
or
Chips
or
Salad
 
ENJOY!!!
 
 




 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment