Tuesday, February 26, 2013

You Love Your Husband?!?!


Before I even begin to tell this story, you must know that my foot doc is a devout Jewish man and his practice totally reflects this fact.

My Doc may or may not look like this! Lol!

A couple of weeks ago, I was in his office patiently waiting my turn while reading a book on my phone. So I'm sitting there (minding my own business) when a family of Jewish, Hebrew speaking peeps come in. Dad, Mom, and Grandpa (or very, very old brother! lol!). I cannot help it but I'm a little scared! Lol. Why, you ask? Well because when they were talking to one another (in Hebrew) it seriously sounded like they were angry and kind of yelling at each other; scowl and all! Lol!

**Please don't judge me, I totally love the Jewish people like CRAZY nor am I racist in any way. I'm simply sharing my perspective of this particular family. Although, my neighbor, who is from Israel is slightly frightening and very interesting to watch. Weird I know! John and I, for fun, will sit on the porch watching him and making up stories about what he is doing! lol! I'm sure he is perfectly normal and safe but his mannerisms are so different from ours we cannot help but to be attracted to his uniqueness**


Nosey Neighbors!


Now that I've totally made myself look like a crazy person......

Like I said I'm sitting there, now only slightly reading because I am watching them out of my peripheral vision...

Let me pause here for a moment and share this very important fact: I am wearing my 'I Love My Husband' sweatshirt.



Got the picture painted in your head? Okay, I'll continue...

The mom lady, with scowl still hard on her face, and a very thick accent says to me: "Huh! You love your husband?!?!"

I smile and laugh (because I'm a nervous laughter) but that's not answer enough; she holds my eyes unforgivingly in hers like an angry momma waiting for an answer. So I do the only thing I can, I answer her!!

Me: Yes. I do. (insert nervous laugh)

At this point the waiting room is totally quiet and all eyes our now intently watching this whole thing unfold. And might I add that the husband is fully intrigued, however holds the same scowl as his wife.

Her: Why would you do that?!?! (Look of socked disbelief colors her face)

Me: (giggling like a fool!!) Because he is my most favorite person in the whole wide world! (Yep I said it just how it sounded in your head!!)

Her: (complete confusion) You are special! No one would do that! No one! (I swear I thought she was going to spit to make her point lol!)

She then turns her back on me! Conversation over!

The husband stares at me for a couple more minutes before he turns back to bickering with his wife, and very old person. (which could simply be regular talking---if I were giving them the benefit of the doubt! lol!)









No comments:

Post a Comment