Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Beefy-Beef Stroganoff

Food, food, and more food. I have come to the realization that I have posted a ton of recipes lately, and thought to myself, "Has my blog gone food-ie?" After contemplating this, it is clear to me that having 4 guys, who are always hungry, warrant that I blog about food. I spend lots of time in the kitchen thinking up new ways to WOW their taste buds and to elevate my likability status! Lol!! It cushions the blow for when I have to put on my mean mommy face and force them to stop doing something they a thrilled with (wrestling on the furniture) or make them do something they loathe (clean bathrooms). Hopefully in those times, that even though they may not like me very much, they will always know I love them. Today I share one of John's most favorite recipe.

Before I get started with this particular recipe, you'll have to know how to prepare the meat, as it was leftovers from the night before where we ate French Dips.


MEAT
2 London Broil Steaks about 1 inch thick
Olive Oil
Pepperoncini Juice
Garlic Granules
Onion Powder
Thyme
Salt
Pepper
Diamond Score Both Sides of the Steaks
 
Put one stake in each container
Drizzle with Olive Oil and Pepperoncini Juice (Both Sides)
Sprinkle Garlic, Onion Powder, Thyme,
Pepper, and Salt (Both Sides)
 
Let the steaks marinate on the counter top for at least 30 mins. This will help develop a yummier flavor but also give the steaks a chance to reach room temperature before you grill.
 
 
Bar-B-Que the Steaks for 4-5 mins Each Side
DO NOT OVERCOOK!!
 
I like my meat well-well done but this is one mean that cannot
be cooked that way because it becomes extremely tough like jerky! Yuck!
 
Your Meat Should be This Pink


 
 
 
 
 
Beef Stroganoff

1 Leftover London Broil Steak

1/2 an Onion (Minced)
2 Tbs. Garlic Granules
1 Poblano (Minced)
1 Container of Mushrooms (Sliced)

1 Container of Sour Cream
1 Can of Cream of Mushroom
2 Tbs. Flour
2 Tbs. Worcestershire Sauce

2 Packages of Egg Noodles
Salt



Finely Slice Meat
Cut at an Angle Against the Grain of the Meat



Mince Onion

Mince Poblano

Saute Onion, Garlic, and
Poblano Pepper in Olive Oil
Medium Heat

While Sauteing, Fill a Large Pot with Water and 2 Tbs. of Salt
Put Pot Over HIGH Heat to Bring Water to a Boil

Slice Mushrooms

Add Mushrooms to the Sauteed Veggies
Cover with Lid
 

Add 2 Tbs. Flour to Sour Cream Container

Add 2 Tbs. Worcestershire Sauce to Sour Cream Container

Mix together

Add Sour Cream Mixture and Cream of Mushroom to Pan

Combine and Cover with lid
REDUCE heat to Low

Add Noodles to Boiling water
Cook till Al Dente
 
Add Meat to Cream Mixture
Stir
Cover with Lid

Add Meat and Cream Mixture to Noodles
 
NOTE: Preserve about 1/2 - 3/4 cup of the noodle water
and add it in when you add Meat/Cream Sauce.
 

Serve with a Side Salad and Garlic Bread
 
ENJOY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment