Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Momma's Softener

Since making my own laundry soap turned out to be such a great success, I decided to try my hand at making Downey Softener. I scoured the interwebs to seek out a recipe, other peoples' successes/failures, and simply educate myself. After narrowing down all my options, I finally found one that was worth trying, which I have aptly named:

Momma's Softener

3 Cups White Distilled Vinegar
2 Cups of Hair Conditioner
6 Cups of Water




Here's all you need!
Choose your fav scent of conditioner.
I was also thinking that a color protector conditioner may
help to protect the clothing color; just a thought not a fact!

Measure 6 cups of water

Pour into pan and bring to a boil.

Add Conditioner

Add Vinegar

Mix Well
Stir continuously until milky and smooth.

Like this!!

Save your softener bottles and
funnel your creation right in!

Either container will do!
 
 
NOTE: You must know that I absolutely hated this softener! It smelled like vinegar and I don't feel like it softened my clothes at all. It saved me a TON of money but I'd rather spend a couple extra bucks to get something I love. But fear not, I'm still on the hunt!! I hope it works out better for you!!












No comments:

Post a Comment