Saturday, November 30, 2013

Gobbledygook Waffles

My hubby loves Thanksgiving, and by saying love, I mean LOVES Thanksgiving! Every year I have to buy three turkeys:
  1. A turkey that is to be cooked only for our family. This is so he doesn't have to share any of the leftovers with anyone! Lol!
  2. A turkey for turkey day! For years now, I have had the (cough) honor of preparing the turkey for the T-Day festivities.
  3. A turkey that is held until August, when both my hubs and my middle boy request a full turkey dinner for their shared birthday.
Approximately 6 plus months ago, John and I were watching Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives. Guy was featuring a waffle place called, Funk N Waffles, and the guys there made him a waffle called the Jive Turkey. This waffle was made up of traditional Thanksgiving dinner foods. John had shining 'SpongeBob' eyes, and salivating like a kid in the candy store. So naturally, being the awesome wife that I am (Ha!), I took a mental note to attempt to concoct this praise worthy waffle. After all, he is the cutest guy in town! And I aim to please my friends!


Gobbledygook Waffles
 
Gather up all of your Turkey Day leftovers. No need to heat-up any of the dishes.
Grab a mixing bowl, a big spoon, and prepare yourself to scoop and mix!
 
Start with several large scoops of Stuffing

Add a few scoops of crumbled Turkey

Add a heaping scoop of Mashed Potatoes

Add a dollop of Cranberry Sauce

Add a healthy amount of Sweet Potato Casserole
Marshmallows and all!

Lastly, add an oversized spoonful of Gravy

Mix together well
 
 
Step 2
One cup of Pancake/Waffle Mix
 
Add approx. 2Tbs of Oil
 
Add water to batter until thin/runny 
                                               
Add thinned waffle batter to leftover mixture
 
Stir till combined
 
 
Time to Cook!
Heat up waffle iron
Butter, Oil, or Pam liberally
                                
Add mixture to waffle iron and
wait for the magic to unfold!


Browned to Perfection!

Plate full of yummy goodness!
 

Drizzle with your fav syrup and
serve with a heaping spoonful of
warm Green Bean Casserole! 

  Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment