Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Gluten Free Lasagna

I had a yearning for some Italian food; however, I know of a total of ZERO restaurants that serve it gluten free (GF). I decided to just substitute GF products in my own recipe, and was super pleased with how it turned out --perfectly delicious! So yummy, in fact, that none of my guys had any idea that they were eating GF; they thought it was the same lasagna I have always made. Win-Win!!

Bake Temp: 350
Bake Time: 30 mins covered; 15-20 mins uncovered

Sautee diced Onions
Add pressed, minced, or granular Garlic
Add salt and pepper

I used Jimmy Dean HOT Sausage. 
NOTE: You can use ground beef, turkey, chicken, 
or pork; make sure you season it well if you do.

I used RAGU because I was out of my own homemade sauce.
 This one, Grilled Steak, packed a punch of great flavor! 

NOTE: You can choose higher grade, better quality products then the ones I used. If you know me, you know I use what I have in the pantry, and both of these products reported having no gluten; just make sure you read labels and choose the sauces and meats you like best. 

These are the noddles I used. 
I was very skeptical because I dislike 
A LOT brown rice, but they were totally yummy!

I use Mozzarella Cheese and Cottage Cheese

NOTE: I do not use Ricotta because I cannot stand the texture nor the taste. Bleck! 
The Cottage Cheese melts beautifully and makes the Lasagna super creamy. 
It also allows me to cut down the amount of cheese in my dish; therefore,
 reducing the calories drastically. 

Start to brown your Sausage once your 
Onion-Spice mixture is done sauteing 

Yep! I sneak spinach inside my Lasagna 
to boost the nutritional value

Time to Start Layering!

Cover the bottom of the pan with Sauce

Add a layer of Noodles

Add more Sauce

Add a large dollop of Cottage Cheese

Evenly spread over Noodle Layer

Add Meat-Onion Mixture

Add a layer of Baby Spinach

Sprinkle Mozzarella over the top

NOTE: Remember, you will not have to use as much Cheese in the middle of your dish
 because of the creaminess that the Cottage Cheese will add. 

Keep adding layers: Repeat the above steps until your to the top of the pan. 

NOTE: If you have super picky eaters, don't put the spinach on the top layer. 

BAKE at 350 degrees for 30 mins covered; 15-20 mins uncovered. 

Yummy-Delish-Cheesy-Bubbly-Browned on top.


  Serve with GF Garlic Bread

ENJOY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment