Wednesday, April 22, 2015

GF Almond Butter Cookies **3 Ingredients**

Truthfully, I have had a terrible time baking GF. I know there is a million and one sites boasting The Best GF recipes, but I'm a fly-by-the-seat-of-your-pants baker. You know? If I don't have it on hand, I create my own substitutions. Crappy thing is, I don't know how to cook with GF flours, and it takes like 50 ingredients to make all-purpose flour! What is sorghum flour anyway?!?! And seriously! Who has this on-hand?

And let me just confess that I want a dang cookie so bad, I could eat my arm! Lol! A good, non-grainy, doesn't cost me $5 for one, cookie. This obsessing brought me to my recipes to see which ones I could convert, and boy did it ever pay off.

I came across an old flour-less peanut butter cookie recipe that I use to make all the time 13 years ago. Why 13 years? My middle boy was born with a severe peanut allergy, and alternatives were not yet available, so this little gem was tucked away.


This is the original recipe:
1 cup Peanut Butter
1 cup Sugar
1 Egg

Cook at 375 for 9-12mins.


Easy-peasy right! And they were to die for!


This is how I changed it up a bit:
1 cup Almond Butter
1 cup Coconut Sugar
1 Egg

Optional:
2 Blocks of Baker's Chocolate
1 tsp Cinnamon

Cook at 375 for 9-12mins



Your Ingredients

1 cup Coconut Sugar

Optional: Finely chop your chocolate

1 cup Almond Butter

1 egg
Optional: Add 1 tsp Cinnamon 

Use a hand-mixer to make sure ingredients are combined



Roll into balls
Flatten with the bottom of a glass
Make a criss-cross with a fork

Bake at 375 for 9-12 mins



Enjoy!!


No comments:

Post a Comment