Friday, April 24, 2015

Star Student

My Joey is start student this week, and his teacher has the coolest ideas for celebrating her students. Today I got to write Joey's class a letter telling them a story about my Joe. Here's what his class is reading as we speak:

My Funny Boy

When Joey was born, he was such a happy baby. He was so curious about life, rarely cried (except for in the car, that is until we turned his car seat around. I think he just wanted to see the world!), and he loved to watch and laugh at his brothers.

Joey’s sense of humor developed at a very early age. Also born in him was the thrill for adventure! When Joey was first learning how to walk, is when I discovered that he understood ‘funny’ and wasn’t simply laughing because others were.

Joey’s dad and I had to teach Joey how to scoot on his bottom up and down the stairs because he always wanted to do things, “Myself, “ as he like to put it. Even during swim lessons, he’d push away from us and didn’t care if he sunk to the bottom! He was born tuff! Anyhow, he was scooting down the stairs one morning, and I was standing at the very bottom waiting for him. When he came to the landing (the two big, wide steps between the top stairs and the bottom stairs), he stood up on the edge contemplating his next move.

“No-no Joe-Joe, come down on your bottom.” I said.

He ignored me with a twinkle in his eye as he thought about “walking” down the steps like a big person. I reminded him again of how he is allowed to come down the stair (remember, he was just learning how to walk!). Instead of heading my warnings, he took a step and fell –the wall caught is forehead! I started to run up the bottom half of the steps, to help him. Before I was able to get to him, he stood up, put his tiny hand up to his owie and said, “Head! Funny!” He then proceeded to start laughing, a deep-down-big-huge-belly-laugh.  And I laughed too!

Joey is one of the funniest and also the strongest boys that I know! I hope you enjoyed this funny little memory!

Love,
Joey’s Mom (Melissa)

























Here are some pictures of Joey when he was little:


Joey loves his daddy’s favorite football team!
Can you guess what team?























Joey looking for adventure in his favorite store.
Can you guess where he is?



















One of Joey’s most favorite places to play.
Can you guess where he’s at?
























Here’s two thumbs up from Joey!



Now I'm off to have lunch with my Start Student! 


No comments:

Post a Comment