Wednesday, January 11, 2012

It's All About Perspective!

I'm sitting here exhausted out of my gourd but strangely feeling healthy and strong. (haha) I've been running my lovies all over this town: doctor appointments, paying bills, grocery stores, wrestling practice, swim lessons; all the while trying to prepare for my first night of my women's bible study, and getting our worship songs ready for church. Did I mention we had a small blizzard erupt on our streets this morning!! (lol)

Sometimes I look at my schedule and think, "You are CraZy girl!!!" But then I change my perspective and think, I am blessed. I have an amazing family, a strong and passionate husband, three awesomely energetic children, and we are all thriving and happy. I look at the heaps of laundry my guys generate and thank Jesus that I am needed. I look at the dirty dishes in the sink, and praise God that we, not only have food to eat but we are healthy. I hear the house filled with chaotic laughter, squeals, and screams and thank God that I'm never (hardly ever) lonely; I don't have to do life by myself.

So when I feel overwhelmed with my hectic schedule of running kids, the hubby, a parent here or there, I think, they'll never forget my outward expressions of love for them; no matter where they go or what they do, they will know that I love them with all my heart, all my strength, and my soul, and all my might. The small things we do are an outward expression of the love in your hearts; never discount the "littleness" of a task, most times it's the little things that change our lives and the lives of the ones we love.

No comments:

Post a Comment