Thursday, May 23, 2013

Getting-it-Together

I love it when a good plan comes together! Especially when it comes to planning our week out, which doesn't happen as often as I'd like it to (lol) but thought I share some getting-it-together tips to help your week  feel completely conquered!

While you are making dinner throw some pineapple on the grill.
They are a great on sandwiches, burgers, and/or wraps.
Also perfect for dessert, just add a scoop of ice cream! Yum!
Or eat plain; they are delish and a perfect cure for a sweet tooth.  

Make some Guac by smashing 2 avocados, squeezing a couple slices of lemon,
sprinkles of salt and pepper, and (for spice) a couple squirts of Sriracha.
 Leave the seeds in the container to guard against browning.
Guac is a delish condiment and perfect for an after school snack with chips.

Pre-Slice tomatoes for a quick topping!

Pre-Slice red onion for a quick topping!
 
Both the onion and tomatoes have a million uses in our home:
sandwiches, burgers, tacos, burritos, ect ect.... if by the end of the week the onion isn't gone,
 I sauté it up and add it to one of our dinners.
The red onion is also great pickled, which I will save for another blogging time! 

Slice thin Orange wedges to freshen up your water!

Slice thin Lemon wedges to liven up your water!
 
We all drink (even the kiddos) a ton more water this way.
We all like to add both a wedge of lemon and a wedge of orange to our glasses and water bottles. Seriously refreshing and surprisingly curbs my cravings for soda!
 
Thinly slice up a cucumber.
 
I love to add cucumber to my sandwiches with cream cheese and red onion. There's is something wonderful about a veggie sammy. Don't get my wrong, I love meat (really I like just about everything), but a sandwich piled high with veggies and cream cheese, heaven! (lol) My hubby likes to use the cucumber for his water and it also makes for a great after school snack paired with some ranch or blue cheese dressing!
 

Half a bunch of radishes!
 
These are a great snack sprinkled with a little salt and
always a great addition to any Mexican fiesta dinner!

Speaking of Mexican: I like to use a flat griddle pan to warm up flour and corn tortillas.
Why? I don't think the flour ones we by in the store are cooked all the way!
And Corn and Flour tortillas  are so much better once browned.
Great for quick dinners or snacks.

Wash and drain a head of lettuce!
 
We use lettuce for just about every meal.
Whether it is used as a topping or for a dinner salad
this little veggie rarely goes bad in our house.
 
 
Hope you all have a wonderful week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment